Full time position - 35 hours / week
A fabulous opportunity awaits you to combine your leadership, vision, and passion for hospice/palliative care while you give back to your community. Hospice Prince Edward provides physical, psychological, social, spiritual and practical support to people living with life-limiting illness and to their loved ones and caregivers. We are a non-profit, non-denominational, charitable organization with a two-fold purpose: to assist individuals, their families and caregivers facing life-limiting or terminal illness; and to help bereaved people of all ages cope with the death of a loved one and to rediscover life.
The Executive Director is responsible for providing overall management of organization (community visiting hospice and a three bed rural residential hospice) and is the primary advocate for the organization. This is a full time position, 35 hours per week.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in not-for-profit sector, health service administration, hospice/palliative care; and volunteer management.
- 3 years management experience in a leadership role, with direct reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team. Respectful of others.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change in the workplace and be innovative.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills, proficient computer skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to seek and participate in own educational opportunities.
- Must have a car and valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with death, dying, and grief.
- Experience with financial reporting, budget, and grant preparation.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to HPEjobapplication@gmail.com, no later than 4 PM, Thursday April 13, 2017. Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications.