Request a Guest Speaker
So many people in our community are not aware of hospice services or what Hospice is about. As we provide end-of-life care to many families in the Prince Edward Community, we are often asked to speak to organizations and explain ways to get involved.
Hospice Prince Edward provides guest speakers for professional organizations, service clubs, schools, businesses, churches and faith-based communities, seniors groups, and other community partners - all at no charge. Contact us if you would like to arrange for someone from Hospice to present for your group.
Some of the most requested topics include:
- Hospice Philosophy of Care - provides an overview of the many services Hospice Prince Edward offers.
Palliative Care - explains how hospice supports the journey of living with dying.
- Advance Care Planning - explains the importance of writing down your healthcare wishes in advance and helps participants complete a power of attorney for healthcare.
- Making a tax-deductible gift to Hospice - leaving a legacy, establishing endowments, planned giving - each details the many tax advantages that are possible by giving to Hospice.
- How to plan a fundraising event that will raise much needed funds for your community hospice.
- How to become a Hospice volunteer - Information for anyone interested in the many volunteer opportunities available at Hospice Prince Edward. Home visiting volunteers are required to complete a 30-hour training course. All others volunteers (i.e. fundraising, event planning) are asked to take a three-hour course that explains the history and philosophy of hospice care and Hospice Prince Edward services.
For information or to arrange for a speaker, contact our office: